Saturday, March 17, 2007

The More Things Stay the Same...

...the more they change. I was in the old neighborhood this week, so I stopped in and had lunch with Rene'. It turns out the rumors of Thelma's retirement were more than rumors. Rene' didn't explicity say that Thelma felt that the place would never be the same again after we left, but....she didn't have to. Stan Kazen stopped just short of retirement after our departure, he took a trip to India and after riding elephants for a few weeks is back in action. They moved (insert the word "retired") the mail room to the chapel waiting area space - see it to believe it and there's now a HUGE hole in the front of the hospital - I suspect where our Duke Award statue is going, though I didn't confirm that with Rene'. And the White House, well....hmmm...wait a minute, the White House was untouched. Okay, so somethings never change.

4 comments:

Matt said...

I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

Anthony said...

It appears as if things have already gone chaodic with the very mention of Thelma's departure. You can't have a mail room in a chapel waiting area, it's unheard of. Where is John supposed to play his piano now, the heli pad?! Heli no!

Brooke Heerwald said...

I....I...I....I'm speechless. I know it's hard to believe, since I was the one who babbled on and on and took up almost all the mic time when we won our Duke award and they had to start playing 'Another one bites the dust' to indicate that I had to leave the stage and none of you got to say anything, well except Les when you took your shirt off, that said enough for us all....but I really don't know how to respond to this! Did Thelma at least give out meatball makers as her going away gift? Perhaps the caf should consider putting a meatball maker station just in memory of her....

Carrie said...

Brooke, you didn't get your meatball maker? Mine came FedEx...