Friday, March 23, 2007

OOOOOO Mexico!!!

I'm off tomorrow morning to good Ol Mexico! Our youth group (27 kids and 4 adults) are going to be spending a week in Juarez building an educational wing for a church, among other "surprises" that the organizer has yet to tell us. I'm excited, but hope I get some sleep tonight or on the plane, because I might not get much when I'm there! Then I come back and I'm off to Norway. I'll try to post some pictures from Norway eventually. Mexico might take awhile, as they will be old school--with real film and everything! None of this digital stuff.

some additions to the HATE list:

The shiny gold frames found in hotels and public buildings that make even Monet art look awful and tacky.

That my mom still uses the word ‘tinkles.’

Listening to my own sermons

The scene in Dirty Dancing where Patrick Swayze is dancing with the whole troupe behind him and he has this very weird look on his face (overall I like the movie, but that scene is HORRIBLE)

waiting for eye drops to actually fall into your eye

when the spicy honey mustard on your sandwich burns your nose AND your eyes

that so many people always want UNC to win FOR NO GOOD REASON

that UNC did win, despite the fact that they were down by 16 points in the second half. grrrr!!!

3 comments:

Anthony said...

THANK YOU, UNC is AWEFUL! Yeah, I blogged it, holla. Have an awesome trip!

Matt said...

Mexico and Norway? You're becoming an international woman of mystery. Have a great trip. I love Mexico. I might love Norway, but I've never been so I don't know.

I'll join the hating--I've got Memphis beating UNC in the final four.

Chris said...

Brooke - have been thinking of you with your feet up, sipping margaritas on the beach. Hope the trip is going great.